Window & Tag Generator For AutoCAD
Generate single and multiple windows on walls at any angle, and draw a WINDOW TAG automatically, showing the door ID and size, in Feet, Inches and fractional inches.
Supported in AutoCAD 2000-current
This AutoCAD® add-on program, generates single and multiple windows on walls at any angle, trimming out the wall between the jambs, and allows the user to decide the routine to draw a WINDOW TAG automatically, showing the door ID and size, in Feet, Inches and fractional inches.
See thumbnails above for graphical description and to view Window & Tag Generator screenshots.
Window & Tag Generator Features:
- The routine “breaks” the wall and draws end caps.
- 1½” wide by total wall depth frame.
- 1½” wide by half wall depth mullions.
- Circular shape door tag insertion.
- Different layers for the frame, mullions, glass, sill and window tag.
- Program also available for metric units.
- Runs in every version of AutoCAD
How the window tag works:
Window & Tag Generator (WTG) Imperial inserts a circular shape tag (w-type.dwg) which contains attributes such as window tag (typed by the user) and window width (in feet, inches and fractional inches) automatically typed. Precision: up to 1/8”.
This block with attributes is also useful for users who work with attribute extraction tools. The user can custom edit the tag shape.
The text size of the window tag is set for working drawings on a scale of ¼”=1’. The text font is set by the user on the AutoCAD® Text Style dialog box.
3 more reasons to choose Window & Tag Generator
- Companion of the popular Door & Tag Generator.
- Saves time drawing windows and their tags, on floor plans.
- Window tag has the primary info available for data extraction.